Denna webbplats använder teknik som troligen inte stöds i din webbläsare, därför kan vissa saker se konstiga ut eller inte fungera. Vi rekommenderar att du byter till en modern webbläsare istället.
Skip to main content

Educated outside EU/EEA

Do you have a licence issued in a country outside the EU/EEA? We are interested in your comptence. At Region Västra Götaland we have a great need for, among others, specialist doctors, doctors, nurses, midwives, physiotherapists, psychologists, specialist dentists and dental hygienists.

Region Västra Götaland is working actively to help new arrivals with healthcare skills to enter the labour market more quickly, and we work closely with the Swedish Public Employment Service.
Within healthcare, there are 21 regulated professions that require a licence. In order to have the opportunity to gain employment in Region Västra Götaland, we recommend that you contact the National Board of Health and Welfare as soon as possible in order to apply for a Swedish licence. The National Board of Health and Welfare will make an assessment of your foreign basic training and make a decision as to what you need to do in order to proceed in the licensing process.

Here you can find more information about how to apply for a licence from the National Board of Health and Welfare

If you already have a Swedish licence, you are welcome to search for our vacant positions in our job database

Professions that do not require a licence

For professions that do not require a licence, such as assistant nurse, dental nurse and medical secretary, we recommend that you contact the Swedish Council for Higher Education. They can do an evaluation and recognition of your qualifications. Read more about the Council

Updated: 2018-01-03 10:03