Denna webbplats använder teknik som troligen inte stöds i din webbläsare, därför kan vissa saker se konstiga ut eller inte fungera. Vi rekommenderar att du byter till en modern webbläsare istället.
Skip to main content

Educated within EU/EEA

Are you a specialist doctor, nurse, physiotherapist, psychologist, specialist dentist or dental hygienist who wishes to start a new life in Västra Götaland? In that case, you are very welcome to join us!

Our mission is to ensure that all of our citizens in Västra Götaland have access to good healthcare. We stand for quality, availability, innovation and efficiency.
To show your interest in working for us and for further guidance, you're welcome to contact our hospitals, health centres and dental clinics directly, here

It's also possible to search for vacant positions in our job database

PLUS - introduction to Swedish healthcare

PLUS is offered to those of you who are trained abroad and are employed by Region Västra Götaland. PLUS is a unique training programme which combines lectures, group supervision and language training in order to provide you with knowledge and understanding of Swedish healthcare. Read more about PLUS here

Health care professions that require a licence

Within healthcare, there are 21 regulated professions that require a licence. The National Board of Health and Welfare is the public authority that grants licences to obtain work in Swedish healthcare. If you have a licence issued within the EU/EEA or in Switzerland, you need to have your professional qualifications recognised before you can obtain your licence. This means that your training is comparable to Swedish requirements. You must also be able to substantiate that you are proficient in Swedish. Read more about the National Board of Health and Welfare

Health care professions that do not require a licence

For professions that do not require a licence, such as assistant nurse, dental nurse and medical secretary, we recommend that you contact the Swedish Council for Higher Education. They can do an evaluation and recognition of your qualifications. Read more about the Council

Jenny Lundgren

Ikon för telefonnummer
Phone number
Coordinator for health care personnel with an international education

Updated: 2018-01-03 09:57