AIR Litteratur Västra Götaland offers residencies in partnership with key cultural creators and organisations
Are you an author or literary translator? Do you need access to your own room? Are you looking for somewhere to work that offers peace, quiet, and renewed inspiration? Are you interested in meeting other cultural creators? If so, you can apply to AIR Litteratur Västra Götaland for a one-month residency grant in the autumn of 2022. The closing date for applications is June 26th.
The residency grant includes four weeks’ free accommodation and access to a workplace. The grant is worth SEK 20,000. In the case of a residency grant where the host is from the cultural sector in Västra Götaland, an author fee of SEK 7,500 is also payable for a public appearance during the residency, arranged in consultation with the host.
There will be five residencies available for autumn 2022, based at five locations throughout Västra Götaland.
Locations and dates
In your application you select your first-, second-, and third-choice locations from the list below. Final dates (4 weeks) are determined in consultation with the host.
- Konstepidemin, a centre for independent artists in Gothenburg, will act as host and offer accommodation and a workplace on its own premises.
Time period: December 2022, 4 weeks.
For further information about Konstepidemin, please go to https://konstepidemin.se/
- The annual book festival Bokdagarna i Dalsland will act as host and offer a workplace and accommodation at Kroppefjäll B&B in Dals Rostock.
Time period: October-November 2022, 4 weeks.
For further information about Bokdagarna i Dalsland and Kroppefjäll, please go to https://www.bokdagaridalsland.se/ https://www.kroppefjall.com/
- The Textival literature festival in Gothenburg will act as host and offer a workplace and accommodation in the centre of Gothenburg in consultation with the holder.
Time period: December 2022, 4 weeks.
For further information about Textival, please go to https://www.textival.org/
- The Vitlycke Centre for Performing Arts will act as host and offer a workplace and accommodation on its own premises.
Time period: week 47–51, November/December 2022.
For further information about Vitlycke CPA, please go to https://vitlycke.org/
- Finnekumla Dans & Konstscen will act as host and offer a workplace and accommodation on its own premises. Time period: October 15-December 20, 2022, 2-4 weeks. For further information about Finnekumla Dans & Konstscen go to
We invite applications from individuals from the literary sector, such as authors and literary translators, from all over the world. The closing date for applications is June 26. The digital application form is available here...
Selection will take place in consultation with the reference group at the Cultural Development Administration together with a representative from the host location.
What does the residency grant include?
The Cultural Development Administration will pay a grant of SEK 20,000 to successful applicants. We will also pay a fee of SEK 7,500 to those who make a public appearance during their residency, and we will cover the host’s venue costs.
The host will arrange suitable accommodation and a workplace, appoint a contact person, and introduce the holder to the area. Together with the holder, the host will also arrange at least one public appearance (e.g. workshop, discussion, literature circle, seminar) during the residency.
At the end of the residency, the holder and the host will each submit a brief report on the residency in which they highlight the work that was done, the type of public event that was arranged, the number of people who attended, and so on.
AIR Litteratur Västra Götaland
AIR Litteratur Västra Götaland is a residency programme run by the Cultural Development Administration and is directed at authors and translators from all over the world. The aim is to give them time and space to continue their creative journey by offering a residency at selected locations throughout Västra Götaland. The focus of the residency is on literary outreach, where the individual has the opportunity to explore new thoughts and ideas and draw on new sources of inspiration. The residency will also be shaped by the conditions at the location and the wishes of the host.
AIR Litteratur Västra Götaland has three specific orientations for the 2022 residency programmes:
- AIR Litteratur Residency Grant – residency at Villa Martinson in Jonsered.
- AIR Litteratur Library – a residency programme run in collaboration with libraries in Västra Götaland.
- AIR Litteratur Place and Culture – a residency programme run in collaboration with independent cultural creators and organisations in Västra Götaland.
If you have any thoughts or questions, please feel free to contact:
Therese Ytter, Consultant Literature, Cultural Development Administration, Västra Götaland
Johanna Lindström, Literary Residency Programme and Sanctuary Coordinator in Västra Götaland email@example.com
076-324 27 71